Homer Simpson voted the nation’s favourite fictional dad
• GetPaidTo reveals Homer Simpson, patriarch of the iconic Simpsons family, is the nation’s favourite fictional dad
• The loveable and hilarious Jim Royal of The Royale Family takes second place, while Homer’s cartoon patriarch rival Peter Griffin of Family Guy came third
• Other popular fictional dads include Arthur Weasley of Harry Potter, The Lion King’s Mufasa and Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Wednesday, 17th June, 2015 - Ahead of Father’s Day, GetPaidTo – the new cashback and rewards website – has revealed the nation’s favourite fictional TV dad is Homer Simpson of America’s longest-running animated programme The Simpsons.
In the run up to Father’s Day this year, GetPaidTo asked 1,000 Brits to vote for their favourite onscreen father figure. Even with recent whispers of a potential Homer and Marge split, the beer and doughnut loving Homer Simpson was by far the most popular dad – with almost one in five people naming him as their favourite.
What the Deuce vs. Eat my Shorts
When it comes to much loved and somewhat controversial American cartoons, The Simpsons and Family Guy are two of the most popular, but it seems Homer’s once again pipped Peter to the post. Still reeling from his court case loss in the much anticipated Family Guy Simpsons crossover episode, Peter came in third place with just one in ten Brits naming him as their favourite fictional dad. Jim Royal of BBC’s The Royale Family managed to squeeze in just ahead of Peter receiving 11% of the votes.
Top 10 fictional dads
1. Homer Simpson, The Simpsons (19%)
2. Jim Royal, The Royale Family (11%)
3. Peter Griffin, Family Guy (10%)
4. Arthur Weasley, Harry Potter (9%)
5. Mufasa, The Lion King (8%)
6. Uncle Phil, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (7%)
7. Walter White, Breaking Bad (7%)
8. Ned Stark, Game of Thrones (6%)
9. Rick Grimes, Walking Dead (5%)
10. Phil Dunphy, Modern Family (4%)
Daddy’s girls and boys
Furthermore, many people are not taking the time to shop around for these purchases and therefore could be missing out on significant savings. Using a cash back site to do your online shopping for example can save you as much as 20% and therefore if the UK is spending £128 million on treats for themselves, then collectively that could be a whopping saving of up to £25.6 million.
Top 5 fictional fathers voted for by men
1. Homer Simpson, The Simpsons (23%)
2. Peter Griffin, Family Guy (14%)
3. Jim Royal, The Royale Family (10%)
4. Walter White, Breaking Bad (8%)
5. Ned Stark, Game of Thrones (6%)
Top 5 fictional fathers voted for by women
1. Arthur Weasley, Harry Potter (13%)
2. Jim Royal, The Royale Family (12%)
3. Mufasa, The Lion King (11%)
4. Homer Simpson, The Simpsons (10%)
5. Uncle Phil, Fresh Prince of Bel-air (9%)
In order to celebrate not only these amazing fictional dads but the real dads in our lives too, GetPaidTo has exclusive offers on Father’s Day gifts available right now. From steak for a family BBQ to gadgets with Nintendo and even a day out with Discount London, GetPaidTo is sure to stock something special for your dad. Check out GetPaidTo’s Father’s Day cashback and offers: /promotions/fathers-day
"Father’s Day is all about celebrating that special man in your life and showing him how much you care," says Amanda Georgeson from GetPaidTo. "We all know the day can be pricey – whether its purchasing presents in the run up or activities for the day itself, which is why cashback and rewards websites like GetPaidTo are the perfect shopping assistants, saving you money with each present you buy."