Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: General Rules
01-24-2014, 10:08 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
Welcome to The GetPaidTo Forums!
Notice: Administrators & Moderators reserve the right to edit/delete any
content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate.
I. General Forum Rules:
- Each member is allowed only 1 login account.
- The Search function is your friend, please use it wisely.
- If you create a new thread please title it appropriately e.g. describe what the thread is about in a nutshell if possible.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one/two word nonsensical posts, or the such.
- Spam, multiple or repeated posting to increase post count or for any other reason will NOT be tolerated
- All posts must be made in English unless posted in an approved language forum/thread
II. General Forum Rules : Episode II Attack of the Mods:
- Users must not have offensive images in their avatars
- Users may add signatures to their posts within the following guidelines: no more than 2 lines - no more than 2 colours - text only (no images/smilies) - font size should be standard - content must be in line with other forum rules (no advertising/URLs etc.)
- Users may not include affiliate or referral codes in any of their posts
- While we encourage debate and discussion, we will not tolerate rudeness, swearing (or attempts to bypass swear filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate our forum's community standards.
- All support email should be considered to be confidential information. Support emails posted in the forums will be deleted.
III.Do Not, Regardless of How Tempting it is:
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, Post Reporting, or Private Messaging Systems
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Bump old threads unless you have a good reason; a seriously good reason!
- Derail a thread's topic.
- Post links to phishing sites.
- Post spam (e.g. +1, 10char) or Re-post Closed, Modified or Deleted Content.
- Openly argue with a moderator. Contact the Moderator via a private message.
- Post arguing about company policy. You can contact us directly regarding such issues
- Share your account. Forum accounts are intended for the use by one person.
- Create alternate, backup, or multiple accounts.
- Publicly post or otherwise share PMs with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the sender to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that - private.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, copyright infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information;
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such The GPT Forum thread specifically allows such messages
- Download any file posted by another user of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; or
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations where you are domiciled
- Upload files or images that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto
IV. The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:
- Piracy, leaked content, illegal file sharing sites, or private solicitations for the sharing of copyrighted files
- Cheating, hacking, game exploits
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Racism, discrimination
- Drugs, alcohol
- Religious, political, and other "likely to cause a brouhaha" threads
- Begging for money in any form
- Person to Person transfers - anything conducted in private is at your own risk.
V. No Backseat Moderating:
Backseat Moderating is when people who are not Moderators try to enforce the forum rules. See VI below.
VI. Report Post to the Moderators:
Should you observe a fellow forum member breaking any of these rules please report the post by clicking the Report Post button located to the left of every post, or feel free to contact any of the Forum Staff via PM. Please do not try and moderate yourself.
VII. And finally...
Users who are found to be repeat offenders will be removed from the forums forever.
Last edited by andygpt; 06-19-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Minor amends